Phone Number: 056-228-58468
Location: Location Paliwal Park, Agra
Official Website: http://www.dbrau.org.in/
About Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University:
The foundation of Dr B. R. Ambedkar University (originally known as Agra University) was laid on the 1st of July, 1927, as a result of hectic efforts of a band of enthusiastic educationists like Rev. Canon A.W. Davis, Munshi Narain Prasad Asthana, Dr L.P. Mathur, Lala Dewan Chand, Rai Bahadur Anand Swaroop and Dr Brajendra Swaroop,.
Original jurisdiction of University extended over United Provinces of Agra, Central India and Rajputana with 14 affiliated colleges and 2530 students of which, 1475 students belonged to United Provinces. Initially, there were only four faculties in the University viz. Arts, Sciences, Commerce and Law. Faculties of Medicine (1936), Agriculture (1938), Home Science (1980), Basic Sciences (1981), Fine Arts (1982) and Management (1994) were added subsequently.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Former Prime Minister of India (He did his MA in Political Science from DAV College, Kanpur in 1947. The DAV College was then under the Agra University.)
- Shankar Dayal Sharma, Ex. President of India
- Motilal Nehru, Freedom Fighter & INC leader
- Gulzari Lal Nanda, Ex. Prime Minister of India
- Chaudhary Charan Singh, Ex. Prime Minister of India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav, Ex. Defence Minister of India
- Raj Babbar Film Actor & Member of Parliament
- Hridyanath Kunzru, Freedom Fighter, First National Commissioner of Bharat Scouts and Guides & first President of the Children’s Film Society.
- Ahmed Ali, Pakistani writer
- Rajendra Yadav, famous fiction writer, editor of Hans.
- Thakur Dalveer Singh, Present MLA & Ex minister,UP govt.
- Ashok Anjum, Hindi leading Poet
- Makhmoor Saeedi, Urdu poet
- Manoj Kumar, Actor
- Hirdaya Behari Mathur, physical chemist, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- Ram Gopal Yadav, MP
- Manapurathu Verghese George, photochemist, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- Ganesh Prasad Pandey, organic chemist, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- Om Dutt Gulati, pharmacologist, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar and B. C. Roy laureate
- Y. D. Sharma, molecular biologist, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- Javed Agrewala, molecular biologist, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- Virendra Singh, theoretical physicist, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- Shyam Sunder Kapoor, nuclear physicist, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate